Thursday, July 2, 2009

My 17th Birthday

My birthday had more in store for me than I could imagine. It started off with a calming sky that greeted us as we reached our bus ride to Cotui. I prayed for God to ready my heart and to enable me to make connections with the people of the Dominican Republic. We arrived at the Christian school where there were a few kids who shyly waited for us to approach. The language barrier for our group was only a minor barrier in the beginning. We split into groups to go to houses around the neighborhood to invite the children to play and gather with us. The joy on the kids faces playing and interacting with us was truly a blessing to witness and beats any birthday gift. It has been a privilege to serve the Dominicans, especially on my birthday. I can't wait to tell my family and friends at home how God has blessed our trip and has continually been helping us be the messengers of His word. The El Circulo church and our group have been so generous to make my birthday a special one. God Bless.

Gio

4 comments:

  1. We are so proud of you Camvan

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy B day Gio!

    I posted to the wrong blogg earlier.

    God Bless you

    Barry and Andrea

    ReplyDelete
  3. Mi nina hermosa,

    Que bendicion que estes viviendo esta oportunidad tan linda de compartir lo mejor de ti. Me da mucho gusto que la estes disfrutando tanto, y ver cuanta gente te ama y apoya en tu mision. Estamos ansiosos de que nos platiques tus vivencias a tu regreso y abrazarte y llenarte de besos, mi vida!

    Te amo tanto, mami!

    mamabear,

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hola Giovanna,

    I was sadden by the fact that I could not be with you at your birthday dinner but I was there in spirit. At the same time I am happy to know that you were spending your actual birthday doing something that is dear to your heart and something that you believe in. I am very proud of you. I can't want to see you so you can tell us the specifics of your adventure in detail and hear about the joy that you brought to a lot of people and they joy they gave you on this mission. Hope to see you soon I love you and miss you, my surrogate daughter, Esther

    ReplyDelete