Thursday, July 2, 2009

The Leprosy Center

Today we all visited the leprosy community and as I was coming off the bus, I realized that some things that I would see today would be very impactful in my trip. As soon as I saw the first person, I immediately felt a sense of urgency and feeling that I should jump right in and give all of the effort I had. An elderly man named Juan asked us to read an English bible, and we read Psalms 40 to him, which he could recite in broken english and the moment that he was giving his thanks and his love to us for being there, I felt God working through me and I realized that this man's strength in Jesus is so strong that I can learn and take things home with me. As I was writing this blog, I realized that my faith in God has been inconsistent and this trip has showed me that I can be continuous and steady no matter where or what I am doing.

Thanks for the prayers and much love,

Braden Peters

3 comments:

  1. Words can't describle how proud we are of you, Braden... We are truly blessed to have you as our son. Much Love and Prayers, Mom, Dad and Breckie

    ReplyDelete
  2. Braden,What an inspiration! I'm constantly amazed by the maturity and luv you bring to all aspects of your life. You're always in my prayers & continue to spread your warmth & character to everyone you meet in your journey. I can't wait to see you & hear your stories.LOVE YOU! Auntie

    ReplyDelete
  3. Braden, we just got back from a trip and I have been glued to my computer tonight reading your blog and learning about your trip. We are so proud of the man you are becoming and will keep you in our prayers. Blessings, J,J,M and S

    ReplyDelete