Thursday, July 2, 2009

From Julia P. and Cammy...

Today we had the luxury of sleeping in a few hours because of our long day yesterday. After a late breakfast around 9:30, we headed off to a leprosy hospital. There we had the pleasure of meeting some joyous people affected by this rare disease. Each group broke off to talk to the patients, with different stories from everyone. Julia Petit and her group had the joy of meeting a particularly inspirational man named Juan whose life story was extremely compelling and moving. He spoke about how God is necessary in everyone's life and the impact it had on his. Juan was a evangelical pastor who devoted his time to tell locals the good news of Jesus Christ. During his years, Juan picked broken English and was able to communicate very well with us. At one time his life dream was to read an English Bible, but was unable to follow this dream because he went partially blind. Because of his blindness, Julia and her group decided to read the bible to him, a passage from Psalms 40. Along with Julia and her groups experience, myself (Cameron Heavican) was able to meet a wonderful woman name Dolores whose joyful spirit was contagious. We learned that she loved to listen to music, and wished that she had a radio to enjoy devotional music. We thought it would be a delight to sing to her, knowing that we have such good singers on our team. We ended up singing Awesome God in both English and Spanish, combined. This was one of the most amazing moments that i have been apart of, and definitely believe that God was with us during this brief time of worship. Dolores also really enjoyed the music, which made it all worth while. Overall today at the leprosy clinic we all experienced God first through these amazing people. It was a completely enjoyable experience in which we all gained from.

9 comments:

  1. Loved reading your blogg Cammy
    Miss you and God Bless you sweetie

    ReplyDelete
  2. Loved reading the blog - and what God did with you all at the leprosy hospital. I had the opportunity to go to a leprosy center in N. Thailand a number of years ago and you brought back so many memories. Thank you for sharing!! You all remain in our prayers. Special love to Julianna.
    Hugs,
    Dawnie

    ReplyDelete
  3. All of you are truly amazing! We love reading about your day. Keep up the great work!

    Hi Paige! (p.s. Dad got you a new antenna for your car.)

    Love, Mom and Dad

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Paige,

    This is Blake, your big brother. Just wanted you to know that I love you and miss you and hope you are safe.

    Love,
    Blake

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your experiences at the leprosy hospital really touched my heart! God bless you guys as you continue to serve and bless others!

    Love you Jordy,
    Mama

    ReplyDelete
  6. Julia, Cammy and the whole team...we are so proud of you and are fervently praying on your behalf that the people you meet in the DR would be touched by your love and compassion. GOOSE BUMPS BROKE OUT on all of us just imagining the Holy Spirit moving through the room as you sang Awesome God for Dolores. We love you and can't wait to hear all of the stories about how God has used you.

    Hugs and Kisses,

    Dad (Julia's), Mom, Paul and Kate

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hey guys!
    Thanks so much for all your prayer and support. I love you so much and I couldn´t even explain in words how awesome this trip is and its impact on my life. Ive become closer with each person and on my team and love them all!! Not only is it a not stop party with very little sleep... but ive gotten the oppritunity to see God in so many different ways and feel His presence all the time. The kids are amazing and the leporsy center was absolutely incredible. My experiences with these peopole have been so encouraging as well as enthusiasm of this team and just watching them. So all in all Im having the time of my life and growing a ton... Ilove and miss you guys and ill see you soon!

    Love,
    Julia P.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Julia:
    Tears are streaming down my cheeks right now! I am so proud of you. Watching your faith in motion is an absolute blessing to me. I priase God for who He made you to be! We are praying for you and your team. I can't wait to hear about all the awesome ways God showed up in the DR.

    We love you!
    Auntie Missy, Uncle Jason, Malia, Ella and Riley

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hey Julia!!

    I've been reading these blogs daily and let me tell you...every time I read them I get chills. I hope that you're having a great time, and I'm glad that God is really working through you. I've been praying for you guys, and I hope you make a safe trip home. I'll see ya when you get back!!

    Love ya,
    Alexa

    P.S. - I'm the one that left you the message from "Nick Jonas" under your profile...in case you don't figure out.

    ReplyDelete